Matt has experience with project management, programming, and design for corporate, higher education, state and local government, civic, commercial, religious, and residential clients in Iowa and Nebraska. His past experience with tight budgets and strict schedules have allowed Matt to develop the management and communication skills required for multi-faceted teams where total buy-in is needed by key decision makers. His design approach allows for an all-inclusive strategy where the strengths of everyone involved are used to develop a final solution. Hence, Matt excels in project situations where many opinions and dreams must be brought together to create a common vision.
ALMA MATER: University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Master of Architecture; Awarded Cunningham Medal
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture
- Registered Architect
- New Mexico
- NCARB Certified
- LEED Accredited Professional
YEARS @ BBS: 13
YEARS IN INDUSTRY: 23
AREA(s) OF EXPERTISE: Project management, programming, design
- Member, American Institute of Architects, 2003–Present
- Building Owners & Managers Association Member 2016–Present
- Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute, 2007–2008
- ACE Mentor Program, 2006–2019; Board Chair 2015
Matt enjoys keeping up with his triplets that attend Drake and Grand View University, attending & coaching his younger son's sporting activities, and spending time with his wife Susannah. His philosophy is to do what has to be done, when it has to be done, as well as it can be done—and do it that way all of the time. Matt is currently reading Reclaiming Conversations.