Matthew has had the pleasure of working with a wide variety of clients from higher education and fine arts to commercial and hospitality, helping them achieve their goals while bringing out what makes them unique. His experience includes all project phases from needs assessment through move in.
Listening closely is where Matthew’s creativity starts, allowing him to draw from his client’s passions, the constraints of the project, and the expertise of every team member. His inclusive communication style ensures that every stakeholder understands the direction of the project, and how the decisions they make will shape their project. For Matthew, a successful project exceeds his client’s expectations and supports their future success, while striving to create a more sustainable, healthy, and beautiful environment for them and their community.
ALMA MATER: Iowa State University
- Bachelor of Architecture
YEARS @ BBS: 1
YEARS IN INDUSTRY: 9
AREA(S) OF EXPERTISE:
- Project Management
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), 2013- Present
- AIA Iowa Board Member 2021-2022
- AIA Iowa Government Affairs Co-Chair, 2020-Present
- AIA Iowa Emerging Professionals Cmte, 2019-Present + 2014-2016 @ AIA San Francisco
- AIA Iowa Equity Diversity Inclusion Cmte, 2020-Present
- Des Moines Young Professionals Connection (YPC), 2019-Present
- Pleasant Hill Arts Foundation Treasurer, 2020-Present
- Pleasant Hill Arts Commission, 2018-2020
Originally from Bettendorf, Iowa, Matthew spent the first four years of his career in San Francisco, earning his license, joining the committees and board of AIA San Francisco, and contributing to Equity by Design. Now he, his wife Belén, and two cats live in Des Moines, where he’s continuing to advocate in his community, homebrew, and complete triathlons.