Rob has extensive design experience with security and fire detection systems, as well as power distribution, power generators, and interior and exterior lighting systems. Some of Rob’s other projects involved multi-building campuses featuring integrated control and monitoring systems. Other challenging projects include data centers focusing on concurrent maintainability and maximum time on-line. Rob’s design approach involves coordinating ease of use, ease of maintenance, and cost effectiveness for a product that results in flexibility to meet present expectations and future needs. Communications, teamwork, leadership, and followership are terms Rob uses to describe his participation on design teams and with clients.
ALMA MATER: University of Iowa; American Military University, U.S. Army War College
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Arts Military Studies
- Master of Arts Strategic Studies
- Certified Construction Document Technologist (CDT)
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA)
- Licensed Electrical Engineer, Iowa
YEARS @ BBS: 28
YEARS IN INDUSTRY: 28
- Member, U. S. Army Signal Corps Regimental Association
- National Guard Association of the United States
- Iowa National Guard Officers Association
Rob lives near Des Moines with his wife Sally, daughter Sydney and dog Tug. His work philosophy is design it like you’ll have to maintain it. Rob recently retired as Colonel after 30 years in the Iowa Army National Guard.