Owner: EMC Insurance Companies
Architectural and Engineering Design Services: BBS Architects | Engineers
Construction Completed: 2011 and 2012
In 2011, EMC Insurance Companies purchased the HUB Tower Office Building, a 20-story brick and glass tower with a two-story mall development, subsequently purchased by EMC. First and second levels of the Tower are limited to entry lobbies on ground and skywalk levels. EMC wished to develop a Conference Center on a portion of the third floor.
BBS Approach: Locating the Conference Center away from most of the exterior views allowed the third floor of Hub Tower to remain available for quality office spaces. The interior conference rooms and meetings rooms offer a central location for large meetings or training events to be held. The Hub Tower Conference Center also allowed BBS and EMC to work to create an interior finish standard for the rest of the building.
The conferencing amenity for tenants of the Tower includes:
- Four large meeting rooms
- Serving kitchen
- Storage for coats, tables and chairs
- Large pre-function lobby space for receptions and break-outs between meetings
- The project also included the development of building standards for finishes and lighting throughout.
- Since the improvements were completed, building occupancy has increased over 20%.
- TEAM MEMBERS:
- Rob Hedgepeth, P.E., CCCA, Susan Oltrogge, P.E., Bart Caldwell, P.E., RCDD, Bryan Rhodes,